Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Maggie Drops a Bombshell: Episode 1.35

Our faithful receptionist, Maggie, is preggers! Congrats to Maggie, even though I make sure no one, not even the mostly trustworthy Maggie, in my office knows about this blog. And I'd like to keep it that way-- unless of course, you want to hire me as your story editor, development associate, or somesuch with phat pay and generous benefits. I may have sold out, but I don't come cheap.

Anyway, Maggie's pregnancy has got me thinking. New life kinda does that. Plus, Maggie was talking to Sloane about maternity leave. And so I started thinking about when I might get to leave.

I dream of better things. I dream of leaving this place. I dream of having a cool boss. I dream of doing more meaningful work. But, like Sydney at SD-6, I am trapped here. I'm bound by my duty to the clients I work damn hard not to screw. At least until it's time to take down Sloane and leave forever, throwing my keys back at the burning office while smoking a cigarette like Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale... I can't believe I just wrote that. I am so lame.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

You'd be surprised at what your blog can do.

I was called into my Director's office on Friday to dicuss my "website". I damn near shit my pants. I realize that my blog gets a lot of traffic but JESUS.

I didn't get into any "trouble" reagrding it, because I've never mentioned where I work or anyone I work with but I was "cautioned".

Fuckers and their Bill of Rights stomping.

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home