Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

REAL LIVE SNAKES ON AN ACTUAL PLANE!

Now, I haven't really talked about it much, but, like much of my Hollywood brethren, I have succumbed to the ecstatic hype surrounding the as-yet-unreleased Snakes on a Plane. I like to call the phenomenon "Snakes on a Plania!"

I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet news story yet, but I could hardly believe my eyes.

Yes, this is an actual news story.

No, I don't know why the headline writers couldn't come up with something better than: "Pilot Grabs Snake, Lands Plane". Keep in mind that it is a TV station in Louisville, Kentucky.

Still, I imagine they went through several drafts. My imagined reasons for their rejection are in parenthesis.

Pilot Chokes Snake As Plane Goes Down!
(not family-oriented enough)

Snake on Plane, But No Samuel L. Jackson In Sight!
(too promotional. also, Kentucky)

Flying Snake Not Deadly
(slightly misleading...and not dangerous-sounding enough)


TECHNORATI TAGS:

PS- Next season of Assistant/Atlas begins this week. . . hey, it ain't 24, but at least it'll be fresh and better than 98% of summer television.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Archer said...

I'm really surprised at no reference to a 'trouser snake'.

Or is that just me?

10:56 PM

 
Blogger london cokehead said...

Big hiss causes near miss!

3:55 PM

 
Blogger Michelle Auer said...

I saw the snakes on plane thing and thought it was a joke! How did they sell that idea? Could you uimagine, "So I have this story idea, picture snakes and a plane."

4:55 PM

 
Blogger Nyssa23 said...

Seriously, I thought that news story was a joke at first when I saw it on Defamer. And seeing that the Defamer link pointed to a Fox News story didn't help matters any.

But never mind that, Atlas; I saw on ESPN today that somebody pooped in one of the holes on the golf course at the Memorial Tournament in Ohio.

Now *that's* the kind of fearless soul you need for the "Poop on Ryan Seacrest's Star" contest!

11:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home