Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Monday, April 18, 2005

The Feedback Loop: Episode 1.13

"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing."
-Kingsley Amis

Now that I've reached the number of episodes to constitute what would on tv be just past the midpoint of the season, I thought it would be a good time to take a quick look back on the first 12 episodes of Assistant/Atlas.

People have actually been commenting on my blog! You can read the comments for yourself in pop-up windows, but I thought I'd take the time to respond to some of them since you wonderful people out there took the time to respond to my writing.

I have yet to see the movie "Swimming with Sharks" as recommended by one of my readers. However, I have placed it on my Netflix queue, so I will be seeing it before too long.

As to the question of what exactly a 'prexy' is, I suppose I still haven't sufficiently answered that question. And since I've been without my precious, precious Variety for more than a week, I don't have the resources to really answer this question. However, I will say that 'prexy' makes more sense as a shortening of 'production executive', yet as I remember it, it was always used in place of 'president'.

I've discovered that my 'Executive of the Week' feature is probably the most popular aspect of my blog thus far, and will most definitely continue. So fear not, film execs with souls-- you'll get your due all in good time.

And to the person who commented that all businesses are like Hollywood in that most people spend the workday not working, well....geez, man, I'm already friggin' depressed. But it is nice to know that there are people out there who are even more cynical than I am. So, thanks!

I want to thank everyone who has commented-- and with a special thanks to GS, who apparently put me on Craigslist. I'd also like everyone to know that I have learned some things from your comments. So, for the future...

I will try to avoid doing any more posts on American Idol, as the one I did do changed all of my Google Ads to become Idol-centric. Stupid webcrawler algorithms.

I will continue to post as regularly as possible so that each and every weekday you have something fun to read and something to help get you through the day.

I will continue making fun of Tara Reid as much as possible-- at least until she shows up on the Surreal Life and we know her career is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home