Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Cocaine and Ketamine- NOT to Be Confused: 3.16

Famke, myself and a few [of her] friends went out for some happy fun times last night because neither of us had to work on Labor Day. After several beers and getting nice and loosened up, one of her friends' friends, who I'll call Maryjane, asked if I wanted a bump of coke. Normally, I try to avoid coke, thanks to my near-addiction to it during my wild days at USC, but I was feeling saucy [read: sauced] so I was like, "Sure, why not?"
So Maryjane gives me her bullet [pictured below next to the K, but used for any drug you might want to snort] and I head to the bathroom of the second-trendiest hotel bar in the city.

This is K.
This is coke.

Ensconed in a stall, I take a nice, fat snort. But as soon as I sniff, I know something's wrong. It doesn't quite smell like coke. It doesn't drip-tickle nicely. It hurts my nostril a bit more than good coke should. And it doesn't set my heart immediately aflutter. Increasingly perturbed, I look close at the bullet. It looks like white powder, but white powder could be anything from cocaine to ketamine to meth. I rule out meth-- meth hurts like hell when snorted [which I've only done twice and will never, ever do again]. Praying that it's just mediocre cocaine or that I'm out of practice when it comes to cocaine detection, I head out of the bathroom and rejoin Famke and Maryjane at the bar. I slip the bullet back to Maryjane while she smiles at me.

MARYJANE: "It's good stuff, isn't it?"
ATLAS: "Um, well." [how to put this delicately?] "It was a bit harsh on the nostrils, I guess. Maybe I'm just out of practice."
MARYJANE: "Are you kidding, this is the smoothest sh*t I've ever had."
ATLAS: "Are you sure, because seriously, it didn't really feel like coke?"

Suddenly Maryjane looks worried.

MARYJANE: "Oops."

Seeing this exchange, Famke now looks worried.

FAMKE: "What do you mean, 'oops'?"
MARYJANE: "I, uh, I have two bullets. I think I gave you the one with the K in it."
ATLAS: "Oh sh*t. I think it's starting to kick in."

For those not in the know, Ketamine, or simply "K" is a tranquilizer originally designed for use in animals. Essentially, the sensation is comparable to feeling like you're swimming as you walk around, plus it makes you move/think slower and generally not be able to function very well. Take too much and you fall into a 'K hole' which I've heard is only slightly preferable to death by thousands of paper cuts. Alcohol heightens these effects and you shouldn't, I repeat, SHOULD NOT, drink and take K. Cocaine, on the other hand, is a stimulant and generally just makes you feel happy, energetic and chatty and I highly recommend drinking if you're going to do the yayo.

Anyway, long story short, I puked a bit later, Famke had to drive home, I was really messed up and the whole experience just sucked. The lesson kids, is that you shouldn't ingest strange drugs. And while you're at it, don't take candy from strangers.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fucking hilarious dude. You should tell her to invest in one of those machines that spits out labels on sticky tape so she can label her bullets. And the labels should be written in Old English font. Just cause that'd be funnier.

You should have asked her to give you the actual coke and made another trip to the bathroom. The two of them together is seriously amazing. They completely counterbalance, yet compliment, each other. It's great.

Dude, find out where she get's her K from. That shit is hard to find.

-- JC

12:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know that young still equals dumb.

4:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You f'ing pussy.

And - It's so cliche to do drugs in a bathroom stall.

Maybe you aren't cut out for this town.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Michael K said...

K is awful, I'd rather suck on freon for an hour.

11:33 AM

 
Blogger Should I Blog This? said...

I had a similar experience but I was railing coke that I thought was e. It wasn't as big of an "OH SHIT!" moment but being unprepared for any drug is a little scary in the very least. Glad you made out ok.

5:27 PM

 
Blogger industry whore said...

i never did k - i was always scared of falling into a k-hole. i gave up the yay years ago, but it was fun while it lasted... then you build up a tolerance and do an eightball by yourself in a night and well... not so much fun.

11:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friends have a funny little name for the charley/kitty thing - CK1 - yes i know :p but when you're starting to come up on a bump of k everything seems funny and so complex :p i'm allergic to C so i don't do it (dah) but very occasionally i'll do a few bumps when at a mates but NEVER in a club or bar - i wouldn't want to be mistaken for some one needing to be in the ER (sounds bad i know but if you've ever had surgery and been put under chances are you've been knocked out with k - it's not just for horses ya know!)

1:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story thanks for sharing... here's one for ya..
I did some coke the other day, not much, just a few lines, and about 3 hours later I started shitting alot. Really, I shit like 4 times that nite. Was that bad shit or what?

- Sara

12:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't no who told you a k hole was terable i've been in plenty never had a bad one yet you can go anywhere and do anything you like it's just a huge drug indorsed dream

11:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im on vacATION..where do i get good C in this town?

12:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im on vacation, where do i get good C in this town

12:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

around..... (X) (X)
}
-----

9:52 PM

 
Blogger dileas said...

u were lucky. a friend of mine died choking to death on their own vomit from doing too much k. i have nearly lost my own mind to coke, e, k, speed,acid and skunk. i have seen a twenty year old athletic boy have a heart attack from coke. and seen friends lose themelves completely never to return. i went through hell quitting drugs but have never regretted giving them up, not even for a moment. be aware in the end all drugs take more than they give no matter how good they ar. wishin u all good times and safe journey

10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a pothead here? :) god's gift is one of the best!




-Mal

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Pepe Cadena said...

My brother was an addict, we knew that he used Cocaine because his behavior was really estrange , I recommend to the parents that not confused cocaine and ketamine , you can have information about the differences inxl pharmacy

5:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home