Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You Guys Should Be a Commercial: 4.26

So my lil company recently underwent a lil upgrading of our computers, which meant that "Mark", the outside tech guy, got a de facto extensive tour of our offices.

When he was in the office I share with Awesome Amy's replacement, who is just about as awesome, and thus, gets the name Amanda, with an implied awesome. So tech guy Mark was checking out our offices and rather out of the blue, he remarked, "You guys should be a commercial."

I replied, "A commercial?" while exchanging a questioning look with Amanda.

"A commercial for what?" Amanda asked.

"I dunno, like a commercial for California" he said, "You guys have got your Macs, a big window with sunshine coming in, you're dressed casual, you've got hot tea. It totally should be a commercial for California."

I look around my office, thinking. Yes, we've got a fairly attractive 20- and 30-something staff. Yes, we're a somewhat mixed lot, with biracial Amanda married to a guy of two completely different ethnicities, a computer-savvy Guatemalan kid, and a gay white guy. Yes, the office is smallish, but homey and filled with sunlight. Plus, there's an actual water cooler.

Why, I am living the California Dream!

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I remarked, "All we'd need is a sushi bar in here and we'd be all set."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the hookah.

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Rocky & Mugsy's Moll said...

and snookie's cookies - love them!

12:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the lack of posting, Atlas? I know you're hurting from the girlfriend and all, but I get my jollies from your adventures. So keep it up, mate. Let us in to your life.

-A fan outside the USA

12:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up? Or by whatever you're advertising?

9:37 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Move to California, work your tushie off for years while suffering abuse and you, too, can enjoy this blessed, if tenuous, existence.

And be really, really lucky.

9:20 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

See, that's all you have to do to live the dream.

9:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post

11:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home