Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ultimate Lessons of the UTA List: 5.03

Since I wrote a little post about the infamous UTA joblist, I've gotten some interesting critiques of the industry's most exclusive compilation of employment.

Seriously. A lot of them.

Generally, they fall into two camps: one believes the list sucks and isn't worth the effort to obtain it, while the other swears by its mystical powers.

Ultimately, here's the lesson I've derived from this debate: work every angle.

Whether it's a relative, an internship, or a near-mythic list, try it.

The stars just might align for you. Or your talent and hard work can see you through. Just kidding. It's luck, nepotism or a lot of bjs.

Fortunately, once you're in, you can just do what I did and hang around in one place long enough until you everyone else leaves and you get promoted.

Speaking of, I think I may get promoted again. And seriously, if I get one more promotion, I may be headed definitively out of assistant land. Wait, is that a light at the end of the tunnel. . . Wait, nope.

It's an oncoming train of endless corporate meetings.

Boss Material?

TECHNORATI TAGS: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nyssa23 said...

I got my college internship (which I quite enjoyed) on the UTA joblist.

...Well, actually, now that I think about it I didn't. Instead, I applied for another internship on the joblist and that person had already filled the position so they passed my resume on to the place I eventually interned with.

So I guess that proves your point. Or not. Never mind! *laugh*

11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congratulations!
Looks like you might have to change the name of the site to bossatlas soon! boss at last... geddit? ok lame...

8:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buying for comfort is also another useful aspect. Unfortunately, ed hardy womens there is a pre conceived notion that comfortable clothes are not ed hardy kid generally classy and does not make you look cool. Good thing there is ed hardy womens shoes . These clothes, although stylish, are made from lightweight and comfortable important allowing individuals to move liberally. ed hardy womens swimwear The fabric does not stretch clearly and will look as good as new for a long time. ed hardy womens t shirt All you have to do ensue washing and ironing instructions and you will like these clothes for a long time. ed hardy womens tops The thing that makes ed hardy womens tanks unique is their vintage designs. Because these designs never go out of approach, ed hardy womens hoodies choosing to buy these clothes is a smart resolve.

1:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home