Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Overheard at the Urth Caffe [Pt. 2] Episode 1.21

Sloane is going out of town to expense some nights on the town in Vancouver while he 'networks'. I don't mind doctoring the receipts and taxes as long as it gets him out of my hair for awhile.

Because of this I was able to get away to the Urth Caffe for a bit of noshing and people-watching. Oh, that's right-- the Urth Caffe is back. Still among the best gawking, gossiping, eavesdropping places around. And your faithful Assistant/Atlas has the ears to prove it.

"Wasn't our waiter on Melrose Place?"
-Suited guy to his girltoy

No, you're thinking of Grant Show. And he's a waiter somewhere else.

"Just call me 'Lightning Clit'."
-One galpal to another

I have no idea as to the context on this one, but I think it's funnier not knowing.

"Marcia Cross is the biggest bitca on the planet. That woman needs a good beatdown."
-Assistant-y-seeming girl to her friend.

Marcia, say it ain't so. Unfortunately, this sentiment seems to be spreading. Watch it, Marsh, or Hollywood'll go right back to pretending they don't know who you are.

"Don't you think it's the least bit evil to work for such a huge media conglomerate?"
"Why? I get health benefits."
-Sincere guy and his totally-hollywood pal

No comment.

"How about this-- Terry Schiavo as a horror. You open with like her- in the hospital- and there are protesters, outside chanting [does chanting motion]. And then there's a ghost, that starts killing people around the hospital until finally they remove her feeding and she dies and the ghost goes away. It's totally 'Amityville Horror.'"
-Actually overheard following a production meeting [thanx a.b.]

Sadly, I think this probably would make money for some hard-up prod. co.

"So there's two gay networks- Here and Logo?"
"Well, three if you count Bravo."
-Chatty, happy gay couple

And props to Bravo for being wicked gay before being gay was cool.

"You could've funded an entire slate of indie films with the money they're spending on trailers for 'XXX'."
-Observant hipster

Considering that the first XXX was a geek cumming his superspy fantasy all over Vin Diesel, it's probably a good idea to really goose those opening-weekend numbers.

"If I read one more angel/demon fighting apocalypse story by some dumba** from Nebraska, I'm gonna, I dunno, kill everything beautiful."
-A guy who apparently has a worse job than I do.

Keep chattering tinselrati. Atlas out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight The source for information on internet classified advertising and the cheapest advertising method to boost "ANY" business online or off! Think targeted classified ads. Make Money Online using unique state-of-the-art classified advertising strategies.............................

10:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"TOP Rated" Money Making Program Online The source for information on internet classified advertising and the cheapest advertising method to boost "ANY" business online or off! Think targeted classified ads. Make Money Online using the most profitable state-of-the-art business classified advertising strategies. Profitable Home Based Business

5:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Slaving For Peanuts-vs-Graving For Walnuts"

Let me tell you a story about me..............................Carael Knight
(TRUE STORY........)

When I first started building my company, MajorEnterprise,
I had started at the bottom. For years, I had worked SO hard "busing-my-hump" for a worthless salary. I mean
No Benefits At All........................................What kind of stability is this? And now, that I look back, the only thing
that comes to mind is, "Man, I worked for some complete "Dummy's" (a.k.a "Bosses.").

The majority of "J-O-B-S" that I have ever worked, I been fired from. I have never been really good at
working for somebody else. I guess one of the main reasons would be that they knew I was humble. Or maybe they
feared me being so intelligent that I would possibly take over the company or something.

They would say stuff to me like "your not being productive enough" or "we need
to talk about your work ethics". It had been times where I wanted to literally laugh in there face! Why? Well, one reason
would be...........................................

1. I have been commented on my "work performance" so much that it would feel strange NOT to be questioned about my work ethic.

2. What benefit will it be to me if I worked "twice as hard" and doubling my workload for still the same pay rate???

3. If I was to get a raise on a "J-O-B", it wouldn't be much because most "J-O-B-S" only give a person cents on the dollar.

4. In life, if I work hard at something, I would rather "bust-my-hump" doing something I love to do rather than wasting my time doing something to make another man richer!

A lot of people won't tell you these things because there "scared" that they may get laid off or have someone think
differently about them. But as for me, I'm my own individual. I'm taking the gloves off! I'm taking a stand to let any individual that feels
like there isn't hope, know that if I can be successful, so can you! Hear my clear, "The only way to truly be happy in life and be successful
is to do what interest you"! Find your niche. Get out and explore new things and opportunites. Find something that you love to do and pursue it.
"NEVER, EVER, EVER, GIVE UP". This is one of the formulas of success! I've always looked at things in clear view in terms of business and personal
finance.

MajorEnterprise

The road was never easy for me but if there are people out there that have overcame hardships ten times as worst as mine, then this should be
a piece of cake for me! That's how I've always looked at it. This is the game of life. Just because a person starts ahead in the race doesn't mean that he
will always finish first. Statistics show that just about every person who is "self made" had to start from the "bottom of the barrel" and "work there way up the ladder". You can too. Being successful and become a shining star in life is not going to be easy "BUT" it isn't impossible either......................................

This has been my true story that I felt I should share with the world..........................................................................

"A Person Never Understands The Sun, Until They've Came Through Rain"........................................Carael Knight

For More About Me And My Company, Visit:

MajorEnterprise

8:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. I will keep reading. Please visit my blog at:

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael Knight

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home