Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

"The Inside" is Wasting Talent: 2.04

So I watched the premiere of "The Inside" and I have to admit it was pretty good-- especially considering that it's the same network that's bringing you "Hell's Kitchen".

Tim Minear, Jane Espenson, Ben Edlund, and David Fury, you guys are great. But The Inside ain't gonna work for me. Even good characters played by Adam Baldwin [as seen on Angel and Firefly] and Katie Finneran [I miss Wonderfalls] aren't going to be enough. And Peter Coyote does craggy and creepy with an easy sureness.

And I'll be the first to agree that the pilot was very smartly-written [that scene where the main girl, Rachel Nichols, and boss man Peter Coyote do some role-playing in the victim's apartment was friggin' amazing], but I doubt it's enough to sustain the show. And people, you're on Fox, which means that the second your ratings drop, you'll be canceled. Which could be as soon as three or four weeks. So, I'm sorry, it's really not worth it. I'm sorry to say this, guys, but I want your show to be canceled. And then I want you all to go on and do something better.

I just don't want to watch a show where the main characters are cops/FBI agents: international espionage is much cooler. By the way, JJ Abrams' assistant called-- Alias wants their font back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, you aren't going to watch a show because another show that doesn't conflict with the time slot is cooler?

5:44 AM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

You missed the point. The show is reasonably cool, but I know all of those people can do a lot better and I don't want this show to be a hit and them to be stuck there doing it. And I just threw Alias in there because they seriously stole its font.

10:50 AM

 
Blogger EmployeeMegan said...

They could do better as the season progresses, no?

I thought it had potential.

5:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it had total promise. it's got a good cast, a good set of writers and a premise that allows for some good stories. if they make it csi: trial by jury...i'll be disappointed. if they write smart and interesting shows...i'll be happy.

i loved angel, i loved buffy, i loved wonderfalls, i loved firefly...i think this show has potential to fit into the caliber of these shows as long as it avoids the pitfalls of being JUST a crime procedural show.

5:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home