Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Going to Comic-Con? Read on...

So, if you've been reading this blog (like, at all), you probably know that I'm an anonymous personage. That's part of my schtick, ya know? Come on, it says it right there in the profile.

So it always amuses me when I receive things like this in my from the good people at New Line sent me a very personal email (not) but it means that one of you can get to do this if you're going to be at Comic-Con in San Diego next week. Read on..

Hello from SNAKES ON A PLANE!
As an important blogger of New Line Cinema's upcoming film SNAKES ON A PLANE, we would like to invite you to an exclusive sneak peek of our booth at Comic-Con.

Please let us know if you will be attending Comic-Con this year and whether you can make it to this exclusive sneak peek. It should take approximately 30 minutes, and we will be personally walking you through the booth. The tour is scheduled for 5:30 pm on Wednesday 7/19 (30 minutes prior to the convention floor opening to pre-registered guests). You will be the ONLY group allowed to walk through the SNAKES ON A PLANE booth this early. In addition, you are welcome to bring your camera and take photos of the booth to exclusively debut in your blog as a first look. Please note, this invitation is exclusive to you only. (Access, ET, etc.. won't even have this first look access).

Separately, we'd like to invite you into a select group of bloggers to conduct 3 round table interviews with our star of SNAKES ON A PLANE, Samuel L. Jackson, David Ellis (director) and Jules Sylvester (snake handler) on Friday 7/21. These will be approximately 20-30 minutes in length, and are conducted in a private room upstairs at the San Diego Convention Center. You will have the opportunity to ask the above talent questions in a round table setting along with around 8-15 other bloggers.

We look forward to hearing back from you. You must RSVP to these 2 opportunities by replying to this e-mail in order to participate. Once you RSVP, we will follow-up with more details.
Thanks for all your support!


So, if you're going to Comic-Con and would like to attend the Snakes on a Sneak Peek event, email me. That's assistantatlas at yahoo dot com. I will be taking this post down as soon as I find the right person, so if you're reading this, whip out an email detailing why you should get to go to a lil 'exclusive' taste of Snakes on a Plane!

Added bonus: You get to pretend to be me at this lil event.

Which is the reason why males are preferred on this one. Not that I don't love my lady readers. I just think it'd help the illusion and mystery angle I'm working. And also, when was the last time a woman attended a comics convention when she wasn't a booth babe? (joke)

Enjoy- and don't say Atlas hasn't ever done anything nice for you.

TECHNORATI TAGS: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you going to blog "Snakes on a Plane" as you? I assume that you're going to a screening of it. (:

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Isn't this just a ruse so that you can go to the comic-con screening and pretend to pretend to be Atlas?

How devious!

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Yeah, like I'd really miss work to go to a comics convention in San Diego. To quote Cher from Clueless: "As if."

I'm just trying to spread the love.
Also, the Snakes on a Preview fun time is still available.

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Neal Romanek said...

I used to be afraid of flying. Now I'm afraid of snakes.

11:12 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Huh....no one bit in time to go to this.

Either Snakes on a Plane doesn't have as much real buzz as New Line thinks, or my growing audience is way less comic-oriented than I thought.

6:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe your "growing audience" just isn't that big. Not to be a dick, but you rarely get more than seven comments an entry.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have taken a cursory look at your blog, but I don't know how many "devoted readers" you have.

9:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home