Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

How I Do: 5.08

I don't like to think of this post's title as ripping off Res, so much as paying tribute to her.

Sorry for not posting lately. Thing is, I kind of now have so much work that there's never NOT work and I can't possibly be expected to do it all.

And yet, because I'm from the Midwest, I kind of have this work ethic where I feel bad about not being able to do it all, even though even my work ethic heartily agrees that I'm probably overburdened. Still, a work ethic isn't a work ethic if it doesn't tell you to just keeping on going and walk it off (in the tone of your high school football coach/driver's Ed teacher).

So I do.

But I've stopped working as hard. My work ethic knows it. I know it. I don't care. My work ethic does. Well, whatcha gonna do? You're gonna do what you do, and that's what you do.

So just do it.

The hair cut is working well. When I went out to breakfast (technically probably 'brunch') this morning, I discovered that D-Listers are now checking to see if I'm famous. No, Amanda Seyfried's little brother on Big Love, I'm not famous.

Even though I was totally wearing my old-school Aquaman t-shirt Off Vine. I can see how you'd make that mistake.

But that's how I do.

Besides Ben Henrickson (real name, apparently: Douglas Smith), I discovered at Off Vine that Eric Stoltz is still quite recognizeable and has joined the celebrity baby boom, doting on a little spitter. Also, none of the people I was at brunch with (about half of whom could be considered 'industry') could remember a goddang thing Eric Stoltz had been in. And yet we were all like, "Oh yeah, that is Eric Stoltz". . . well, once someone remembered his name.

So obviously, I've looked him up on IMDB by now. And I realize that he's had small parts in some good movies (Pulp Fiction, Jerry Maguire) and larger parts in just some colossally bad things(too many to name, in fact). I don't know where I'm going with this. It's just weird.

I mean, I never go out to brunch. The seeing celebrities part is totally normal. LA, baby.
Mmm, brunch.
It makes the morning after a lot more pleasant. . . even if your new f**ktoy's friends are annoying as hell. You can just have a Bloody Mary. Or four.

That's how I do.

TECHNORATI TAGS: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Scribe LA said...

Yay. Brunch! And not the hotel buffet variety. Brunch is best served when a group of friends go out for a late breakfast at favorite spot. Yum. Oh... Eric Stoltz and I ran next to each other on treadmills at my gym. He has very intense blue eyes. And Atlas, how could you forget about Eric in the John Hughes classic, "Some Kind of Wonderful"?
Glad you enjoyed yourself, you deserve it, especially with your workload.
Cheers,
Scribe

2:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the food good?

7:35 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

The French toast was a little weird (soggy, but uber-thick) but still good. Everything else was very fine, Tiffany, thanks for asking.

12:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home