Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Pimpslappin' The Man: 5.30

I know you all like periodic updates from my 'real life' and 'real career'*. So I thought I'd offer one, as close to reality as I can hew, what with my continuing anonymity and all.
That's right...
I'm becoming a new media baron.
Granted, I'm a new media baron whose baronies are overwhelmed by debt and mostly just crappy marshlands....well, at work at least. There's this little popular blog here, of course. You readers just keep givin' me the love-- and don't think I don't appreciate it.

What I've done is help to give my bosses the chutzpah to become more independent of the major studios in their New Media ventures. I can't really go into the particulars, of course.*

But I will say this: standing up for who I am was crucial in this victory against the forces of corporate stupidity. Ultimately, I feel like I pimpslapped The Man and scored a small, but important, victory for the forces of good. In the arena of New Media at least, I feel I've pushed the light of the English language a bit further against the darkness.

My company is now significantly more independent of The Man than we I began my whole endeavor. And that, my friends, is my victory. Sure, it was not mine alone. All of you readers helped in your own way-- giving me the quiet confidence I needed to challenge The Man in his most pernicious form.

So to you, assistants, I say this: Don't be afraid. You have more power than you think. And you've gotta use it if you ever want things to get any better.

And speaking of assistant togetherness, would someone send me the most recent UTA job list, please? I think that as one of Hollywood's hottest assistants and the patron blogging saint of Hollywood assistants I should have it thrown at me. Nope. Like most non-UTA assistants, I have to beg my friends. Which is you, friend, if you're reading this. Please send it assistantatlas@yahoo.com....it'd make some deserving kids happy.

*New readers should know I cover my tracks with a near-paranoic anonymity. Which is why I end up telling parables. Maybe that crazy Jesus was onto something.

TECHNORATI TAGS: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger crazyloko said...

This phenomenomChina Wholesale is typified by mobile phonethe rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that cheap cell phones wholesale from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and cell phonesChina Wholesale will skyroket your profits.cosplay costumes
cheap cell phones
cheap cocktail dresses
Cheap Wedding Dresses
cheap jewelry

6:49 PM

 
Blogger crazyloko said...

I’m a Wholesale Polo Shirts huge fan of Fiber Gourmet pasta’s; Cheap Ed Hardy clothingthey taste great and Air Max Chaussures are healthy not only for you but your entire family. Polo shirtThere’s really no difference in the taste between thisTn Requin pasta and your standard pasta, Chaussures Sport InI couldn’t tell the difference, Polo shirtneither could any member of my family including my picky children.Chaussures puma It’s nice to know that even while dieting and watching my calorie intake there Chaussures Nikeis an alternative out there that allows me to eat the pasta I want, Wholesale Polo Shirtswholesale polo shirtsNIKE AIR RIFT,NIKE requin tn Livraison 24H Shox R4,when I want without the guilt.

6:49 PM

 
Blogger crazyloko said...

Air Jordan Shoes
Wholesale NFL Jerseys
MBT shoes
nike tn requin chaussures
puma chaussures hommes
tn chaussures
nike tn
ed hardy clothing
ed hardy clothing
chaussures tn
Remise Sports Chaussures
tn requin
NFL Jerseys

6:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home