Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Bunch of Belated Congratulations: 5.29

So it was recently brought to my attention by not one, not two, but three completely different readers in three separate emails that I did nothing to recognize the recent 25th birthday of my avatar. I'm sorry, Chad Mike. Bro, I didn't mean to not recognize, yo. So a big happy 25th to my faithless faithful avatar, Chad Michael Murray. Congratulations on the quarter-century and may you live to see several more.

Another big congrats goes out to my man, Jeremy Piven. The Immaculate JP was recently awarded an Emmy for his work as superagent Ari Gold on HBO's Entourage, an award which I, for one, think he more than earned.
Yay I say!
Pic: www.monstersandcritics.com
Speaking of Entourage and congratulations, I finally finished watching this latest season, the third. I have to say that this year's most improved player on the show would have to be Kevin Dillon as "Johnny Drama." Frankly, it took me awhile to get into his character, but this season, Dillon seems to have finally found Drama's humanity and, to the greatest extent I think he's ever gonna get it, humility. And that has finally made Drama funny, not annoying.

Runner-up in this category would have to be Rex Lee's beleauguered gaysian assistant "Lloyd." Even though this year's apparently-obligatory season finale speech wasn't quite as good Season Two's rice rocket pep rally, Lloyd had some of the season finale's best lines, including his unexpected 'top' status and the transformation of the Gay Mafia into the "Gay Assistant Corps." Of course, he still seems awfully clueless despite having been Ari's assistant for what, like two years or so in the context of the show? I mean, telling Vince there was a bigger meeting than him? Hello! You say he's out of the office all day in meetings with his cell phone off and you'll do your best to get through to him as soon as possible.

And speaking of television, I have two words for everyone in the blogosphere: Veronica Mars

I just last night finished the second season on DVD since I'd missed some episodes and bailed on the finale to avoid ruining the season-long mystery. But I've finished my Mars marathon now, and trust me on this: BEST. SHOW. ON. TELEVISION. PERIOD.
Veronica is hot.
Creator Rob Thomas has assembled a dynamite cast led by Kristen Bell as the titular heroine, created an interesting, dynamic world in the fictional California town of Neptune, and tied it all together with sharply-written storylines. If you haven't really heard much about it, I advise checking out this post over at Overeducated and Underemployed. The clip is definitively lo-fi, but it'll give newbies a good overview of the show. So if that's you, I'm telling you, two words: Veronica Mars

So that's my congratulations. Way to get older, Chad Michael Murray. Way to act, Jeremy Piven. Way to not suck, Kevin Dillon. And way to just be, Kristen Bell.

TECHNORATI TAGS: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Alice in Hollywoodland said...

I love, love, love Veronica Mars! It's great to hear other people do to. Everyone should watch that show. It's my favorite weekly TV date since Buffy went off the air.

9:54 AM

 
Blogger Nyssa23 said...

I'm curious as to what the end of the sentence beginning "I mean, telling Vince there was" might be.

And happy belated birthday, Chad Michael...although I'm a little sad that it looks like the impending CW merger has killed off my beloved Saturday-afternoon "Voyager" reruns. *sniffle*

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Nyssa: Sorry, that's what happens when I post quickly. It's corrected now. Enjoy.

5:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so many great shows like veronica mars come and go without the hype they need to get the viewers.

how does that happen. i thought arrested development should have been on the airs for years and poof..it's a goner.

jack e. jett
www.jackejett.com

11:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, what do you think about a gringo (in case, from Brazil) speaking english?

Oh, for the record, yo no hablo espaƱol, but I like yor blog, man!

Take care

PS1. Sorry for my awfull english.
PS2. In Brazil Alisson is a males name.

4:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

So, I live in Norway and here we haven't got season 3 yet, and it will probably take a very long time! I was just wondering, when does it come on DVD in the USA? Please, help me! I'm a huge fan! And, does anyone know if season 3 is the last one?

12:06 PM

 
Anonymous Sprmcandy said...

Sweet girl, go Kristen.

6:11 AM

 
Blogger Solusi Sehat dengan Herbal said...

Thanks for the information, this is very useful. Allow me to share a health article here, which gods are beneficial to us. Thank you :)

Obat Alami untuk Menghentikan Menstruasi Berkepanjangan
Cara Menyembuhkan Selesma(Flu) dengan Cepat
Obat Penghancur Kista, Pengobatan Kista Tanpa Operasi
Obat Herbal untuk Limpa Bengkak
Cara Mengobati Kencing Nanah (Gonore) dengan Daun Sirih

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home