Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Stream of Consciousness Thanksgiving

Everyone likes stream of consciousness, right? It was always everybody's favorite in English class. Of course, that may have just been because USC students excel at laziness. Myself included, of course. I didn't realize that I hadn't posted my Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you. This year, I wrote everything I could think that I was thankful for in five minutes. Try it, it's fun. But I thought you kids would like to know. I'm of course thankful that you're reading, too. [wink]

So here's everything I could type in five minutes that I'm thankful for:

Mom, Dad, brother, whole family, writing, books, Douglas Coupland, too many authors to name, pie, cake, candy especially Starburst Skittles and Reese's, chocolate, marshmallows, girls on bicycles, french toast, early morning frost, jump-ropes, Baywatch, Buffy, Joss Whedon, JJ Abrams, Nikki Giovanni, cotton candy, funnel cakes, bebop & jazz, barbecue, pogo sticks, Slinkys, coke, Coca-Cola, marijuana, the Netherlands, the French, perfumes, women's curves, women's everything, fireplaces, hot chocolate, falling leaves, snowflakes, Veronica Mars, Wendy's 99-cent value menu.

And I can't believe time ran out right after Wendy' 99-cent value menu, because as much as I am thankful it exists, it kinda pales to a lot of the other stuff. If only I'd been thankful for puppies last or something. You know, just so I look like less of a douche. But whatever, that's just a peril of the stream of consciousness Thanksgiving.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fun Joel said...

Man, you type slowly! ;-)

8:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's all you came up with in FIVE MINUTES? That's not very much.

9:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about friends? Did you purposely leave those out? You're not thankful for those?

2:52 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Man you guys like being combative. I send out Thanksgiving wishes and get slammed. In my defense, I correct myself as I type, so perhaps it's a slightly mitigated stream of consciousness thanksgiving. Plus, I'm contemplative sometimes.

5:44 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Oh and for the record, I am very thankful for my friends.

9:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home