Clawing to escape the belly of the beast here in Hollywood. To commiserate, email my name assistantatlas at yahoo.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Mena Suvari: Official Abbot-Kinney Celebrity Mascot: 3.27

This Sunday, the roomie and I attended our local neighborhood fair, the Abbot Kinney Festival.

If you didn't know, Abbot-Kinney is the hip main drag of Venice, California.

For the festival, the po-po's closed off Blvd. on either side of Venice Blvd., Venice's other main drag-- and by drag, I do mean literal drag races are held on this street, usually at 3:00 am. The festival was a lovely cross-section of the inhabitants of Venice, including Chad Michael Murray's white-trash doppelganger [um, not me] and .

Every time I'm anywhere on Abbot-Kinney, I see Mena Suvari.
Everywhere.
That is one of the reasons why I've declared that Mena Suvari is the Official Celebrity Mascot of Abbot Kinney. Seriously, I now think Mena Suvari actually died sometime after the filming of American Beauty and her ghost haunts the increasingly-gentrified boulevard. Random, yes, but so is seeing Mena Suvari everywhere.

So as the roomie and I left the festival we had our customary Suvari sighting. Before that, we wandered among the booths [ugly cowboy hats were big this year] and saw the glorious cross-section of young families, interracial couples, underemployed actors, neo-hippies, and a smattering of nearly every racial, ethnic, religious, and sexual background.

And as for the Chad Michael Murray doppelganger, did anybody else see him? He was wearing big sunglasses, had near-buzz hair, tank top. Both the roomie and I followed him for perhaps 5 minutes trying to ascertain if it was indeed my avatar, the real Chad Michael Murray until we discovered it wasn't. Comment if you did and if you attended-- Just curious.

And finally, Mena Suvari, remember that you are the celebrity embodiment of this diversity. Act accordingly.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was there for a couple of hours, just long enough to meander down one side of the street then back on the other. I was hoping to catch Shirly McAllen perform but after a half hour of waiting past her start time, I got bored and mosied back to the car.

No celebrity sightings for me, though. But all in all, not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning.

9:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....do you think that she's hot?

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

She's beautiful, but I was really hoping to hear her sing. I found her on Myspace (or she found me, not really sure how that worked) and really dug her music. Thought it would be kind of neat to see her perform live.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Assistant Atlas said...

Tiffany-- do I think Mena Suvari's hot? I should've included that in the post, shouldn't I have?

Yes, for the record, Mena Suvari looks GREAT in person. She has those striking actress cheekbones, good skin and a cool, hard-ass grrrl/celebrity-in-public-that-doesn't-want-to-be-approached lip sneer that she gave me. I don't remember what she was wearing, but it made her look skinny [but, importantly, not skeletal], suitably-fashionable and good.

Mena Suvari is hot on-screen. In person, she's hotter.

6:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for clearing that up A.A.

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Nakti panchal said...

Love Reading this Article..thanks for sharing
sunglasses india

11:02 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

www0816


mbt shoes outlet
kate spade outlet online
prada shoes
nike blazer pas cher
golden goose
michael kors outlet clearances
fitflops sale clearance
true religion outlet store
ugg boots clearance
true religion outlet

5:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home